FACTS ABOUT THE ONGOING
BY THE NEW BREED FOR SUSTAINABLE
FACTS ABOUT THE ONGOING ENTERPRENUERSHIP TRAINING BY THE NEW BREED FOR SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT!
1. The Skill Acquisition Programme is FREE and commenced on Monday, July 5, 2021.
2. It is designed to accommodate a total of 10,000 male/female youths across Akwa Ibom State.
3. Beneﬁciaries of the programme were selected, irrespective of political afﬁliations.
4. Training areas include catering, makeover, leather works, fashion design, audio/visual production.
5. Other areas are agriculture, Information and Communication Technology (ICT) and Photography/Videography.
6. Each trainee attended and completed mandatory workshops on Entrepreneurship development training, Book-Keeping, Basic Accounting, Business plan development, Entrepreneurship Masterclass etc.
7. The training is in line with the Dakkadda Philosophy of Governor Udom Emmanuel and the group’s mission to promote skill-based education and entrepreneurship.
8. It is tailored to stir interest for practical skills acquisition, other than just reading, writing and going to formal schools that offer purely academic and bookish knowledge which is not job oriented.
9. Tools and materials for the training are fully provided by the New Breed for Sustainable Development.
10. To manage the large number, trainees are divided into different batches, with morning and evening shifts.
11. The training venue has constant power supply, air-conditioned training halls and is heavily secured.
12. Resource persons are drawn from top and reputable brands within and outside the state.
13. The programme is solely sponsored by The New Breed for Sustainable Development.
14. Best graduating trainees at the end of the programme would be sponsored for upgrade courses, while others would be provided with starter packs.
15. The training would be organised in other local government areas, subsequently.
On the 31st of October 2021, the ﬁ rst batch of 330 Trainees would have successfully completed their Free Entrepreneurship Training in different categories at The New Breed State Secretariat, which serves as our Training facility. Each trainee has completed mandatory entrepreneurship courses which focused on Book–keepin g, Accounting, Development of Business plans, Online and Ofﬂine Marketing etc.
The New Breed for Sustainable Development is providing free starter packs to the best trainees that excelled during the course of the program. A total number of 120 trainees out of the 330 trainees who have successfully completed their training will get starter-packs. In the leather works department, sewing and ﬁling machines will be presented to the best trainees, in the ICT department, we are presenting laptopsto the best trainees, in the fashion and Design department, we are presenting sewing machines, Make-up kits and professional make-up boxes will be presented to the best trainees in Make over department.
An Entrepreneurship Summit/Graduation Ceremony is billed for 12th November 2021, in which certiﬁcates and starter- packs would be presented to them.
More To Train
Frequently Asked Questions:
How can I hire a trainee?
How can I help your organization?
I want to help animals to! How can I join you?